- More than 35 years working in education – in universities, community colleges, K-12, and philanthropy
- Former (and founding) director of Read Oregon, established originally as a consortium of 5 Colleges/Schools of Education (Eastern Oregon University, Oregon State University, Portland State University, Southern Oregon University, Western Oregon University). The consortium offered 24-credit Reading Endorsement program; 12-credit literacy education course of study for general classroom teachers; and courses-only option.
- Ph.D. in Educational Administration, University of Minnesota; MA in English, University of Wisconsin-Madison; BA in Biology and English, Lindenwood University
- Member, Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI)
- Noah drew this picture of our house for a school project when he was in the 3rd grade. I loved that he drew a cat in the front and upstairs windows — and also drew the bookshelf in his upstairs room. This is the house we think of as the Z House.